Made 10x more addictive by the fact that it's super duper easy.
Four ingredients easy. Three steps easy. One pan only easy.
So easy, whipping up a second batch shoudn't be a problem at all. Which is good, because with the addictive-ness level so high, you may need to do just that... before your Thanksgiving guests even arrive!
In case you didn't quite catch on yet, this Sweet Potato Apple Mash is downright simple, but also completely delicious.
If you're hosting Thanksgiving at your house this year, and want a stress-free side dish to prepare, this could be exactly what you're looking for. Just be sure to double the recipe if you're serving a large crowd. Being able to make more during dinner doesn't necessarily mean you want to :)
Sweet Potato Apple Mash - greatly inspired by this recipe
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 3 medium apples (just use your favorite type)
- 3 tbsp oil
- Spices: cinnamon, ginger, salt, and pepper all to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut sweet potatoes and apples into cubes. Place in a deep baking dish and toss with olive oil (you don't have to measure it, just make sure everything in coated). Spread out potatoes and apples in dish evenly, in only one layer if possible. Roast for approximately 35 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool a bit. Sprinkle with spices. Then take a potato masher, or whatever other tool you have on hand that may work, and mash the mixture until it reaches desired consistancy. I like to mash it until it's mostly broken down, but still has a bit of texture to it. Serve immidiatley, or refridgerate until serving time.
What to do with your super addicting Sweet Potato Apple Mash:
- Make a gigantic batch and serve it as a (healthier) side dish on your Thanksgiving table.
- Spread it on a pizza (just an idea: this stuff, spinach, caramalized onions, and mozzarella. Yummmm!)
- Make a sandwich (something along the lines of this, maybe?)
- Eat it by the spoonful when the midnight munchies strike
- Put it on toast for breakfast
Revisited Recipe of the Day: