Monday, September 9, 2013

Peach Quick Bread

Does anyone remember when I put tea in all my recipes?  If ya do, I'm totally doing it again.


I tend to forget about tea during the summer months.  Except for the Passion fruit Iced Tea from Starbucks (love that stuff), I never really crave a cup of tea when it's so hot out.  But now that the weathers cooling down, I'm visiting my special tea drawer much more often.  The peach flavor caught my eye last weekend.  And then the peaches sitting on the counter captured my attention.  After I spotted the loaf pan in the pantry, I knew what had to be done.

Peaches + Peach Tea + Loaf Pan = some peach bread that's packed with flavor!


Last year I made Apple Cinnamon Bread.  This recipe is based on that one, with some small changes.  It's like the summer version (because summer is still here)!

A slice of this Peach Bread is soft, slightly sweet, and filled (and I mean filled) with peach flavor, thanks to both peach tea and chopped peaches.  This is a great way to keep the summer mood going, although it would be great on a cold day too.  Really this bread is just good for anytime.  By the way, that includes right now.  Get baking!


Peach Quick Bread

  • 1 cup spelt flour
  • 1 cup oat flour
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • the leaves of one bag peach flavored tea (caffeine free)
  • 1/3 cup egg whites (2)
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 3/4 cup chopped peaches
Preheat oven to 350F.  Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl.  Add egg whites, applesauce, honey, and milk.  Mix together until a smooth batter forms.  Fold in chopped peaches.  Pour into a greased loaf pan.  Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.  Slice when cooled, and then serve.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment