Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Chocolate Cereal Fudge Bars

Guess what?  These bars would have been some really cool no bake layered dessert with a bunch of different flavors, but I sort of ran out of energy halfway through so you get these.  Sorry...?


The good thing is, the bars I did come up with, while not elaborate or fancy, are still delicious and yummy and awesome.  And no one's ever complained about simple have they?  It just means getting your chocolate into your mouth more quickly and that's never a bad thing.  

No really, the quicker I get my chocolate, the happier I will be.


Here's the basics you need for these bars:
  • Tofu
  • Cocoa Powder
  • Chocolate Chips
  • Your favorite cereal (I used Cheerios)
  • A Pan
  • A Knife
Boom.  Look at how simple.  How can you resist these guys now?  I bet you're already heading to your kitchen.


Chocolate Cereal Fudge Bars

  • 2 1/2 cups of your favorite cereal (I used cheerios, you'll want to use something similar)\
  • 1/4 cup special dark cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted
  • 1 package tofu (I used shelf stable from Trader Joes)
  • 2 tbsp maple syrup
  • 2 tbsp milk
Measure cereal into a large bowl.  Set aside.  In the bowl of a food processor, combine remaining ingredients.  Blend until completely smooth with no tofu chunks remaining.  Pour chocolate mixture over cereal and mix until all cereal has been coated.  Line an 8x8 square pan with parchment paper.  Scoop entire mixture into pan and press into an even layer.  Freeze until hard.  Once frozen, cut into 16 squares.  Before serving, let thaw a couple minutes so bars are easier to bite.  Store in freezer.



Revisited Recipe of the Day:

Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment