Fact: Snack time is the best time of the day. If you disagree, you’re probably eating the wrong snacks.
But fear not, my friends, because I’m about to introduce you to one of the best snacks ever. And it comes in the form of a foolproof recipe with melty cheese. You hungry yet?
I made these last Saturday. Then I made them again Sunday. And upon noticing the empty plate on Monday morning, I contemplated making them again (unfortunately, I had to attend this really annoying this called School on Monday, so I couldn’t make a third batch)
The point is, however, that these little quinoa bites are straight up addicting. They are highly snack-able, pop-able and nibble-able. When they’re freshly baked, they taste good. When they’re room temperature, they taste good. When they’re cold, they taste good.
Bottom Line: These Cheesy Quinoa Bites taste really good.
Remember how I sad this is a foolproof recipe? What I meant is, everything about it is easy. It’s easy to remember, easy to make, and easy to eat. A triple threat, perhaps?
Well, one thing’s for certain; Snack time just got waaaay better.
Cheesy Quinoa Bites
· 2 cups cooked quinoa
· 2 stalks celery, chopped
· ½ red bell pepper, chopped
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 2 mozzarella cheese sticks, sliced into small pieces
· 2 eggs
· 2 tbsp flour
· ½ tsp salt
· ½ tsp chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease two mini muffin tins with cookie spray.
- Measure quinoa into a large bowl.
- Add celery, pepper, garlic, and chopped cheese sticks. Mix to combine.
- Add eggs to bowl and mix until completely incorporated. Mixture will be wet and may not hold together very well. That’s okay.
- Add flour, salt, and chili pepper and mix together again. This should help to make the mixture slightly less sticky.
- Scoop into prepared pans, filling each muffin hole to the top. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until quinoa bites are firm and cheese has melted.
- Let cool before removing from pan. To serve, you can heat up Quinoa Bites or leave them at room temperature. Recipe makes 2 dozen small bites.
On another note, has anyone been watching the olympics? Go team USA! (Or whatever other country you're rooting for)