Thursday, January 3, 2013

Avocado Tomato Salad

Lunch Time!


I've set a couple different goals for myself, things that I'd like to start, improve, or do more of in the new year.  One of those goals, this one involving the blog, is to make, photograph, and post more savory recipes.

It's no secret that desserts are something I love to create, but I also enjoy salads, sides, and a whole bunch of other things that just don't find their way onto this blog.

It's time for that to change.


Today I'm sharing a super simple salad that has become a common lunch, snack, or side dish in my house.  It's colorful, tasty, and take a whopping (that's sarcasm) 3 minutes to prepare.

Based on this recipe, this "more savory dishes" goal is going to be a good one.


Avocado Tomato Salad
(makes 2-4 servings)

  • 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
  • about 16 cherry tomatoes, cut in half (feel free to adjust amount)
  • 1 tbsp orange muscat vinegar (it's from Trader Joes)
  • salt and pepper to taste
Cut avocados into 1/2" cubes.  Then toss all ingredients together in a medium bowl.  Serve salad at room temperature, and if possible, immediately after making.



I first discovered this dish when trying to throw together a quick and easy lunch out of the random leftovers, veggies, and other stuff that I had lying around the kitchen.  Huge success!

You may have noticed the pictures of what I came up with (right above and way at the top), but I'll also explain what it was to anyone interested, because it was good.


The first part was this avocado salad, throw together with the almost too ripe avocados and cherry tomatoes just begging to be used.  The seconds part, which there isnt (yet) a recipe for was a barley salad with chicken, snap peas, and orange slices.  It was super pretty and delicious, and I'm hoping to create something similar to share with you all soon.

So tell me... What wonderful creations have you created from leftovers in the fridge?

Revisited Recipe of the Day:

Greek Pasta Salad


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment