Sunday, January 13, 2013

Lemony Edamame Hummus

Beans and I have a weird relationship.


Take black beans for example.  I pick them out of chili, yet gobble up black bean brownies like there's no tomorrow.

Or chickpeas.  Alone or in hummus, they're just "uck", but the moment you roast them they become a highly addictive snack.


It's the same with edamame.  Just the plain bean... I think I'll pass.  Blended into hummus... oh my god, give me more!

I told you it was weird.


But sometimes, it's good to embrace your oddities.  After all, they can lead to very good things.  Like Lemony Edmame Hummus, which is indeed, very good.


Lemony Edamame Hummus
(makes 1 1/2-2 cups)
  • 1 12-oz bag shelled and cooked edamame
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • zest of 1 lemon
  • 3 tbsp water
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tbsp tahini
Place all ingredients in a blender.  Blend on high until desired consistency is reached.  I like mine just slightly chunky, so it still has a bit of a chew to it.  You can make it as smooth or chunky as you like.  Stop to scrape down sides of blender and move mixture around when necessary.  Serve hummus with chips, on a sandwich, or with vegetables.  Keep refrigerated.



Have you ever tried Trader Joes Edamame Hummus?  This recipe was based off of it.

Though similar, this spread isn't exactly the same, as it has more of a lemony punch than that from the container at the store.  Personally, I like this version better.

But, then again, homemade is always better.

Revisited Recipe of the Day:

Carrot Chickpea Hummus




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment