Sunday, March 31, 2013

Chocolate Chip Blondie Bites

You know how mini things are always cuter?  I really like that rule.


Well, it's not really a rule or anything, but people seem to agree that it's true.  Like, why do you think babies are so adorable?  Or those teensy weensie teacup puppies?

It's the same reason these blondie bites are cute: because they're tiny.


And these blondie bites are also delicious which means they really have a lot going for them.  This recipe is by far the best blondie recipe I've ever made.  Let's talk about why it's so great.

For starters, they don't taste at all like chickpeas, which to be honest, are hidden inside.  Like I said though, you can't taste them at all.  This is one of those recipe that I wish I could just make and send to every reader so no one freaks out about beans in their dessert.


These Blondie Bites are also loaded with chocolate.  No really, the bold is completely necessary.  Because these blondies are so small (and cute!), the chocolate chips seem really big.  It's almost like with every bite, you get an equal amount of chocolate and blondie.  And let's face it, that is never a bad thing (although if you want to, feel free to decrease the chocolate chips)

So, do you want a blondie yet?  I sure do!




Chocolate Chip Blondie Bites

  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  • 1/2 tbsp nut butter of choice (I used Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Peanut Butter)
  • 1 tbsp maple syrup
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips (mini or regulare sized)
Preheat oven to 350F.  Place oats in a food processor and process until ground into small pieces.  Add baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon and process quickly to combine.  Add chickpeas, applesauce, nut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla and process until completely smooth.  There should be no chickpea clumps.  Place chocolate chips in food processor, and mix one more time, just to incorporate.  Scoop batter into greased mini muffin tins and bake for 9 minutes.  Let cool a couple minutes before removing from pan.  Recipe makes 18 Blondie Bites.



I'm going to let you in on a little secret.  Eating cute things makes you cute, and cute is something we all want to be, whether we'll admit it or not.

See?  Only good things can happen when you eat these Blondie Bites.


Revisited Recipe of the Day:

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies










Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you on the mini things always look cuter, your blondie bites look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Rosie! I'm glad you agree.

      Delete
  2. These look yummy! I may make them for my husband who is a huge fan or blondies. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, Melissa. Tell me how your husband like them if you decide to give the recipe a try!

      Delete
  3. These sound really great! How well do they last as far as texture is concerned, please? I'm going to be sending a vegan "goodie" box to my boyfriend and would love to include some blondies, only it'll be 2 days after baking before he receives them - and I'm still new enough to vegan baking that I don't have any experience with blondies! Thanks for any help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know a lot about sending baked goods, but I'll try to answer as best I can. As far as texture is concerned, these blondies definitely won't dry out in two days. They're super moist, so that isn't an issue. However, when I make them I store them in the fridge so they don't spoil. I'm not sure what would happen if they were not refridgerated. That's all I know, I'm sorry I can't help more!

      P.S. That's so sweet of you to send a goodie box to your boyfriend! I'm sure he'll love it.

      Delete