Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I feel bad for raisins.


No one likes them, they're always ignored, and the cookies with them in them are probably the least liked cookies in the whole world.

Poor raisins.


Well, I am not a raisin hater.  I actually really like raisins, and happily eat them by the handful.  Or in cookies.  Cookies are good too.


Guess what?

I made all of my fellow raisin lovers some cookies!  They're healthy, yummy, and filled with plump raisins.  I love them and I know you will too.

Seriously guys, give those poor little raisins a chance.  You can't go wrong with a cookie!


Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

  • 1 cup oat flour (make your own: grind oats in a blender or coffee grinder until they form a flour texture, measure after grinding)
  • 1 cup quick oats (make your own: quickly break up rolled oats in a food processor or blender.
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/8 tsp sakt
  • 2 tbsp ground flax
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • 3/4 cup raisins (if you like, you can plump them)
  1. Preheat oven to 350F.
  2. MIx together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
  3. In another bowl, mix together all wet ingredients.
  4. Add wet to dry and mix until a wet dough forms.  Mix in raisins.
  5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat.  Form dough into cookie shapes on the pan.
  6. Bake for 8 minutes.  Let cool a bit before removing from pan and moving to cooling rack to cool completely.  Recipe makes about 20 cookies.


Just because I know it's a question in many of your minds, yes, it's ok to use chocolate chips too.  But I encourage you to use raisins!!  They're actually really tasty.

Revisited Recipe of the Day:

Pumpkin Raisin Baked Oatmeal


Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. hey :)
    i came acroos your blog by google typing in healthy cookie dough and recently started a blog myself and am too passionate about healthy eating as i am on my second month the other day i had red velvet cake the unhealthy kind and my first thought was yuck too sweet so my taste buds have really changed lol i cannot wait to make some of your recipes truly amazing blog wish you ll the best Annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way to go, Annie! I wish you tons of luck on your healthy eating journey. My taste buds have changed a lot too, so now tons of unhealthy foods taste too sweet.

      I'm glad you found my blog, and look forward to reading more of your comments :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this recipe! I was looking for a healthy dessert. This cookie recipe is perfect! Very low sugar (only 1/4 cup honey), high fibers (oat and flax), Omega 3 (flax), Iron (raisins), etc. It's so fast and easy to make. Maybe my oven is different, I cooked them 12 minutes. And your idea about making our own oat flour is great! I took my food processor and it worked well.
    I'm very happy to have discovered your blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 Researches REVEAL Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally kill fat by eating Coconut Fat (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete