Thursday, May 16, 2013

Salted Dark Chocolate Cookies

Salted Chocolate.  It's my favorite.


Well, if we're being honest plain old chocolate is my favorite.  I'll gladly eat that any day.  But, if you reallllly wanna win me over, salted chocolate is that way to go.

Salted chocolate fudge, cookies, brownies, cake...  I want it all!

So it's about time I made something with that beloved combination.  I experimented with it a bit with my Salted Chocolate Mousse Pie, but these cookies were the first baked good I set out to make Salted Chocolate.

And they turned out so, so, so, so good!


These thick and almost cake-like cookies are rich and full of deep chocolate flavor.  The sprinkle of salt on top is the perfect accent to the dark chocolate and makes the cookies 10x better in an instant.

I'm not embarrassed to say that I ate three.


Salted Dark Chocolate Cookies

  • 3/4 cup spelt flour
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder (use good quality!)
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/8 tsp salt (use a bit more if using unsalted nut butter) + more for sprinkling
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 tbsp peanut butter or other nut butter of choice
  • 1/4 cup milk + 1 tbsp
Mix together dry ingredients (only 1/8 tsp salt) in a large bowl.  Add nut butter to another bowl.  Microwave quickly until drippy.  Add remaining wet ingredients to bowl and mix.  Add wet to dry and mix until a thick and sticky dough forms.  Chill dough in fridge for thirty minutes.  After this time it should be more manageable.  Preheat oven to 350F.  Roll about 1 tsp of dough into a ball and flatten into a cookie shape.  Place on a lined baking sheet.  Repeat until all dough has been used.  Bake for 5-7 minutes, until puffy.  Sprinkle with salt just before serving.  If you're not serving immediately, store in an airtight container.  Makes about 15 cookies.



Revisited Recipe of the Day:

Double Chocolate Cookies


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment