Saturday, July 13, 2013

Asian Avocado and Snap Pea Salad

Well, would you just look at this bowl of summer deliciousness.


Who else loves sugar snap peas in the summer?  They're one of my favorite veggies ever this time of year.  'Cause when snap peas are good, they're really good.

I swear, it's like candy that grows on a vine.  Crunchy and sweet and just all around perfect.  I could eat them for dessert!  I guess they don't call 'em sugar snap peas for nothing, huh?

A few days ago I decided to take some of my wonderful sugar snap peas and throw together a quick salad with them.  It was a very good choice on my part.


  The creamy avocado compliments the crunchy snap peas, and the tomatoes add a nice pop of color.  I threw together a quick dressing with soy sauce, vinegar, and sweet chili sauce.  Oh, how delicious it was.

Summer is the time for light meals, fresh produce, and no use of the oven at all.  This salad delivers all of that.  Use it as a side at dinner or the main focal point during the lunch.  It's even easy enough to prepare as a quick snack.


Last but not least, how beautiful is this thing?  My mom was looking at the un-edited pictures and she asked if I had brought up the saturation.  No, mom.  That's just nature being all beautiful and amazing.

It's crazy what nature can do!


Asian Avocado Snap Pea Salad

  • 1 small, ripe avocado
  • large handful sugar snap peas (about 15 peas)
  • large handful grape tomatoes (about 10 tomatoes)
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tsp sweet chili sauce
  • 1/2 tsp white vinegar
  • 1/2 tsp orange champagne vinegar or orange juice
Slice avocado into small chunks.  Place in a medium sized bowl.  Chop snap peas and add to bowl.  Cut tomatoes in half and add to bowl as well.  Measure all remaining ingredients into a small bowl.  Whisk together until completely combined. Add dressing (soy sauce mixture) to chopped vegetables in bowl.  Mix together to coat veggies with dressing.  Divide into two serving dishes.  Serve immediately or store in fridge until serving time.  Makes two side salads.



Revisited Recipe of the Day:

What I'm Eating: February 2013
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment