Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Banana Yogurt, Cherry, and Blueberry Parfaits

There's something you should know about me:  I'm really bad at holidays.


Not as in that I forget them, or that I don't buy presents or something.  It's just that I'm so bad at being holiday-ish.  You know, like wearing green on St Patricks Day or remembering to make up some elaborate prank for April Fools Day.  I just flat out forget that stuff.

But this year I think I may be improving!  I made Cookie Dough Eggs for Easter, and Gingerbread Cake in November, and now these gorgeous Red, White, and Blue Parfaits just in time for the 4th of July.


These are super duper simple.  Remember what I said about simple being my friend?  That continues today.  

This right here is a 5 minute recipe.  It's perfect for summer, with no oven needed and fresh cherries and blueberries joining the mix.  I love fresh fruit in the summer!


Whip these parfaits up Thursday afternoon, or simply enjoy them any other day this summer.  I know I'll be making them again!


Banana Yogurt, Cherry, amd Blueberry Parfaits

  • 1 cup plain yogurt
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 ripe banana
  • chopped cherries
  • fresh blueberries
Combine yogurt, vanilla, and banana in a blender.  Blend until fully incorporated.  Layer banana yogurt with cherries and blueberries in small glasses to make parfaits. Grab a spoon and dig in!  Recipe makes 2-4 servings, depending on size of parfaits



Revisited Recipe of the Day:

Cheesy Star Chips


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment