Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I have an announcement. . .

It probably won't seem all that exciting to you guys, but to me, it's a pretty big deal.

I'm going on vacation!

And for two whole weeks, at that.

So where am I visiting?

A couple of places actually.

The first place is Iceland, a small little nation located way up north.  Since I'll be visiting the day after the summer solstice (tomorrow!), the sun actually won't set until midnight, only to rise again at 2 A.M.  But don't worry, my family and I are traveling well equipped with animal shaped eye covers to block out the sunlight.

 
They're actually pretty funny, right?

I even got Little Miss Chocolate Hater to model out the bunny for me.  Isn't she cute?


Anyway, I'm also visiting Latvia, a place you've probably never heard of.  You can read more about it here, but for now, I'll just say that it's a small European country which, apparently, has some pretty darn good pork (and potatoes).  I'm excited to try it!

But, really, the only reason I'm posting this is to explain why, for the next couple days, the things I'll be posting may be more what I'm eating and not how to make it.

I'm sorry about that, but, still, keep you're eyes open for some Icelandic and Latvian dishes, because I'm sure the'll be coming your way.

(But don't worry, they'll be some old recipes too, that I'll post, one of which I hope to be fourth of July inspired.)


As a side note:  Did you notice the new header?  I made it myself.  Leave a comment and tell me what you think!  I'd love the feedback.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment