Monday, April 8, 2013

Cookie Dough Whoopie Pies

I just put Cookie Dough in your Whoopie Pie.  You can thank me later.


Question:

What do you do when you've made six batches of Cookie Dough and find that your family won't eat another spoonful?

Answer:

Eat it all yourself.  Make freakishly good Whoopie Pies so your family gets jealous and begs for a bite.


Yes, I really was faced with the situation above.  Though there's no doubt my family loves my Cookie Dough recipe, after having it literally five times in a row, they refused to eat another bite.

But then I turned the leftovers into a Whoopie Pie filling and, just like that, problem solved.


Whoopie Pies have always been some of my most successful recipes and this Cookie Dough variation is no exception.  Rich chocolate cake, with creamy cookie dough sandwiched in the middle.  Everyone in the house gobbled these up in less than one day.

They really are that good.



Cookie Dough Whoopie Pies
Cake:
• ¼ cup soy, almond, or low fat milk
• 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
• ½ cup spelt flour
• ¼ cup cocoa powder
• ¼ tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp baking powder
• pinch salt
• ¼ cup applesauce
• ½ tsp vanilla extract
• 2 ½ tbsp maple syrup
• 1 tbsp water
Filling:
• about ½ cup Healthy Cookie Dough (can be made ahead of time)
• 2 ½ tbsp soy, almond, or low fat milk

Preheat oven to 350F.  Mix together ¼ cup milk and vinegar in a small bowl.  Set aside.  In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients for cake.  Add milk mixture, applesauce, vanilla, maple syrup, and water, and mix again until a smooth batter forms.  Use a teaspoon measure to drop circles of batter onto a parchment paper or Silpat lined baking sheet.  Bake for 6-7 minutes, until batter has set.  Place ingredients for filling in a bowl, and mix together until mixture is spreadable and smooth.  Spread a layer of Cookie Dough filling on top of each baked cake, and top with another cake.  Store whoopie pies in fridge.



Please believe me when I say that these are one of the best desserts I've ever made.  You don't want to miss out!

Revisited Recipe of the Day:

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Maple Yogurt Filling


Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I would gobble up the whole platter in a heartbeat! They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a whole bunch! I promise they taste as good as they look :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my... This looks soooo delicious!!!
    You have a lovely blog!

    xox Amy

    www.swissmissinthekitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. Your blog is very nice, too.

      Delete