Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Chocolate Chip Banana Cookie Pie



You get two chocolate and banana recipes in a row.

Lucky you.


This recipe is one that I consider practically perfect.  It is so good, and you should not under any circumstances miss out on it.

For that reason, I'm going to ask you a favor.  Could you just through all doubts you have out of the window?  Pretend that you're totally ok with every crazy ingredient in this cookie pie?  Yeah?  Thank you.


So, like I said, this is amazing.  It's really as simple as that.

A slice of this pie is like biting into an extra gooey, extra thick, slightly underbaked cookie.  If you can, grab a piece right out of the oven.  You won't be sorry!

And it's mighty good for you too, at least for a dessert.  With cauliflower and beans hidden inside, it's almost like eating lunch!  Well, sorta.

Just listen when I say you cannot afford to skip making this Cookie Pie.  It's seriously incredible.


Chocolate Chip Banana Cookie Pie

  • 1 1/4 cup rolled oats or quick oats
  • 1/4 cup applesauce
  • 1 14oz can white beans (about 1 1/2 cups)
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt 
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 2-4 tbsp turbinado or brown sugar (depends on sweetness of banana, taste better to check)
  • 1/2 large, ripe banana
  • 1/2 tbsp coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
  • 2 cups frozen cauliflower, thawed
  • 3/4 cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
Preheat oven to 350F.  Combine all ingredients except chocolate in food processor.  Blend until completely smooth.  You don't want any cauliflower or bean chunks.  Taste mixture to find desired sweetness, keeping in mind there will be chocolate as well.  Mix in chocolate chunks/chips until incorporated.  Scoop dough into a greased 9 inch round pan.  Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.  Wait a couple minutes before removing from pan or slicing.  Serve warm or cold.



You know what to do.  Get baking!

Revisited Recipe of the Day:

Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Cake


Pin It!

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate! It tastes as good as it looks!

      Delete
  2. Wow, this looks incredible and I'm completely blown away by the ingredients! I've made black bean and garbanzo bean brownies, but this cookie pie looks out of this world delicious. I'm definitely on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Julia! I'm so happy to hear you're up for trying something a little bit crazy :) Tell me what you think.

      Delete
  3. wait whattt?? cauliflower?! this is going in my list of things to try out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy, huh? Tell me what you think if you end up making it! (I'm sure you'll love it!)

      Delete
  4. Wow, those are some fun ingredients and that's a great recipe! I can't help but notice your blog is VERY similar to CCK's in terms of setup and writing. either way, great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kammie.

      And yes, I am a HUGE fan of CCK and totally looks up to her. Funny that you would notice that :)

      Delete
  5. I made both this and the double decker chocolate cake in the past week! I love both. (They're also good for breakfast!) I have a taste for healthy foods made with unusual ingredients, but I might up the sweetness the first time I make them to serve to other people. I might need to slowly break my boyfriend into sweets made with beans or cauliflower... I'm sharing the double decker cake recipe with my mom and sisters! (My sister is the one who also has a healthy food site, fit-and-frugal, which I sent you last week). Thanks for all the great recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a sweet comment, Susan.

      For some of the desserts on this site, you definitely have to been used to less sugar, and I'm glad you understand that. I'm also so glad you liked some of my recipes (and took the time to tell me). If your boyfriend ever comes to love healthy treats, let me know :)

      Delete
  6. This chocolate chip cookie pie looks awesome! I can't wait to make it once I get back from vacation. However, I was wondering if you could taste the banana, and if you can, do you think it could be subbed with applesauce or date paste?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You do taste the banana, though it's only a slight taste. If you were to leave it out, you could sub in some applesauce, but you would also have to sweeten the Cookie Pie a bit more too. Perhaps applesauce and honey would work, or applesauce and date paste together. JUst add enough to reach the right texture. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  7. This looks amazing! But I have a question. Can you taste the beans and the cauliflower? It sounds crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope! You can't taste them one bit! I know it sounds crazy, but it's true.

      Delete
  8. Hi! Just discovered your website and am looking forward to getting into my kitchen right now!:)
    I'm sorry for asking, but the frozen cauliflower is cooked already, or is it raw?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be thawed, but no cooked. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  9. I don't get it how do you measure cauliflower in to 2 cups
    And thaw means straight outta freezer and to the pan with water right

    ReplyDelete
  10. 3 Studies REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually burn fat by consuming coconut fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from large medical journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete