Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Nutella Swirl Banana Muffins

I found another way to eat Nutella for breakfast.


Saying of the Day:

When Breakfast gets boring, just add Nutella.

Seriously guys, it's true.


When, a couple of days ago, I felt as though my breakfasts were getting a bit boring, I used some of my delicious Date Sweetened Nutella to whip up a batch of Banana Muffins with a Nutella swirl.  Ummm, yum.

Boring breakfast no more!


And... just to make things even awesomer (because that's totally a word), these muffins are also:
  • sweetened only with fruit
  • vegan (when using vegan yogurt)
  • whole wheat
  • super easy 
  • can be frozen for quick breakfasts
I think I know what you'll be baking tomorrow!


Nutella Swirl Banana Muffins
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1/2 cup spelt flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 tbsp ground flax
  • 2 ripe bananas
  • 1/3 cup plain yogurt (greek, vegan, etc)
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 3 tbsp date paste
  • 1/4 cup Date Sweetened Nutella or regular Nutella
Preheat oven to 350F.  Place dry ingredients in a large bowl, and mix together.  In another bowl, mash bananas.  Add yogurt, milk, and date paste.  Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until a smooth batter forms.  Scoop batter into lined muffin tins until about 3/4 cup full.  Add a dollop of Nutella and swirl a bit.  Bake for 15 minutes.  Store in airtight container for up to 4 days, or freeze to laste longer.  Recipe makes 10 muffins.


Muffin + Banana + Nutella = Best Day Ever!

Revisited Recipe of the Day:

Not Your Average Blueberry Muffins



Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Aw, this was an incredibly nice post. Spending some time and
    actual effort to make a superb article… but what can I say… I procrastinate
    a whole lot and never manage to get nearly anything done.



    Feel free to surf to my web blog - Air Max

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! this looks and sounds so tasty!! Great post :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I'm glad you like the recipe.

      Delete
  3. Mmm! Have you ever tried Nutella French toast? Also very good. (I agree...Nutella in the morning spruces up any bfast.)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nutella French Toast sounds heavenly. It's definitely on my list of things to try now.

      Delete