Gosh, why did it take me so long?
Cookie Dough Dip!
Cookie dough... that you can eat by the spoonful. That you're supposed to eat by the spoonful.
That is just genius.
I think Katie sure deserves a round of applause for thinking this one up.
I mean, who knew chickpeas could make such a great dessert?
Oops! I gave away the secret ingredient.
But don't worry. You can't taste them at all.
Cookie Dough Dip - inspired by Chocolate Covered Katie's many recipes
- 1 1/2 cups (or 1 can) chickpeas
- 3 tbsp softened butter, vegan butter substitute, or nut butter of your choice (if using a nut butter, the dip may take on that taste)
- 1 tbsp applesauce
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch baking soda
- pinch salt
- 3/4 cup sugar (If you don't have a big sweet tooth, you can use less. Just taste as you go)
- 1/4 cup quick oats or ground flax
Rinse and drain chickpeas very well. Then, put all ingredients into a food processor and blend away until smooth. Scoop dough into bowl and top with chocolate chips and/or sprinkles if desired. Store in fridge (If using butter, the dip will harden when chilled)
Please don't make the same mistake I did.
Make this dip, and make it now!
I mean it.
Run to your kitchen!
You better already be measuring out your ingredients.
Or maybe, you're one of those speedy cooks, and already have your food processor mixing away.
Either way, if this cookie dough dip is already starting to form, you are less than 10 minutes away from a big bowl of cookie dough... and a spoon!
Revisited Recipe of the Day:
Better than Average Sugar Cookies