Thursday, May 17, 2012

Beany Blondies

I'm slowly overcoming my bean hatred. . .one dessert at a time.

Yes, this is another bean dessert.

Except, this time I'm using white beans!


When I made these I made both chocolate chip and cinnamon.  I did this mainly because I have a chocolate hater in my house (surprising, i know), but i also wanted to taste the difference in taste.

I have to say I enjoyed the chocolate chip more, but that could just me be being in favor of anything with chocolate.  Needless to say, the little chocolate hater of the house like the cinnamon ones.

If you decide to make these blondies feel free to make only one kind, both, or maybe even make up a new variation (I'd love to hear what people come up with)!


Beany Blondies - inspired by this very popular recipe


  • 1 1/2 cups white beans
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • pinch salt
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup quick oats
  • 1/4 cup applesauce
  • optional: chocolate chips, cinnamon, peanut butter chips, any other add-ins you can think of
Preheat oven to 350F.  Put all ingredients into food processor and blend until mixture is very smooth.  Mix in any add-ins.  Pour batter into sprayed 9x9 (or 8x8 for thick blondies) pan.  Cook for approximately 30 minutes.  Don't be worried if the blondies still look a bit undercooked when you take them out, that's normal.      Let the pan cool before cutting blondies into squares. 


Any bean dessert haters out there?

If you want to be extra sure you won't taste the beans, add some peanut butter in place of some, or all, of the applesauce.  It'll do a good job of covering up the flavor, even though you can't really taste it with only applesauce.

Still not sure?

Try making them for a party.  Don't tell people about the ingredients and see what opinions are! 

Ready to make them?

Go, now!  The time it will take you to make them will not be wasted!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment