Sunday, August 12, 2012

Chocolate Banana Cups

You know those chocolate covered frozen bananas on a stick that you can find at old fashioned amusement parks?

I love those.



When chocolate and banana gets combined, and then frozen, magic happens.

It results in something absurdly yummy.  Something unfairly yummy.  Something so yummy, it makes me want to eat it all the time.


The only problem?  Absolutely nowhere near where I live sells those delicious bananas.

Clearly, the only solution was to make something similar on my own.  So that's just what I did.


You can find the recipe for these delicious little bites here.  They're super easy and perfect for summer.


It occurred to me to just recreate the exact same recipe for chocolate covered bananas at my house, seeing as it was a simple concept and easy to make.  

But then I realized that I didn't want the exact same thing.  I wanted something with a bit of a twist.


These Chocolate Banana Cups were honestly exactly what I was looking for.

They have the same chocolate and banana flavor with a smooth and creamy frozen texture, only in a smaller, and much more snackable, form.  They're also vegan and much healthier than anything you can find at your favorite town fair.


It's good to know that my chocolate banana cravings can now be satisfied with something that, dare I say it, is even better than my favorite carnival treat.

Perhaps now I'll stop scouting out old amusement parks just for the food.

Revisited Recipe of the Day:




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment