Sunday, August 5, 2012

Single Serving Mocha Fudge Cake

Which do you prefer:  Chocolate or Coffee?


Personally, I'm a chocolate girl who hates everything coffee.

That is, everything coffee, except this cake.


This was one of those recipes that I was sorta "ehhhh" about making.

I've never enjoyed the taste of coffee, and mocha has never been a favorite either, but I was really craving a photo shoot, and this was a super fast recipe.  Also, the rest of my family loves coffee, so at least the cake wouldn't go to waste if I didn't want it.



Normally, I would say that making a recipe you're not sure you'll enjoy is a bad idea.  However, this cake completely surprised me.

It tasted amazing!

With just a hint of coffee flavor, and tons of rich chocolate taste, it was perfect.  To me, it tasted almost like mocha fudge.

And fudge is never a bad thing.


To make this cake for yourself go to this link.  It's super fast and super easy!

All I changed was using only about 3 tsp sugar (and no stevia), and applesauce instead of oil.


If you're looking for a quick dessert, this is the recipe for you.

It yields just one fudgy little cake, in a matter of minutes, so you're craving for something sweet can be satisfied fast.

This mocha cake would also be good for anyone who only wants a light treat, instead of something super heavy, as it's quite healthy for a chocolate dessert.


When I made it, I was planning to save it for my family to try (because of their love for coffee and all), but it sort of "disappeared" right after the photo shoot.

Strange.

Don't blame me if the same thing happens to you!

Revisited Recipe of the Day:

2 Brownie Recipe


Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Chocolate, fast and easy, it doesn't get better than that, thanks.

    You are welcome to join in my monthly food blogger event THE SOUP KITCHEN, here for entry details and current theme offering a new theme each month. All bloggers are welcome, hope to see you participate soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. You can't go wrong with chocolate in minutes!

      And I think I will participate. It sounds like fun!

      Delete
  2. I love this attempt at something different to the usual chocolate cake. Your pictures look so professional too.
    I've just joined your blog.

    Follow mine too at www.lellysgallery.blogspot.co.uk mine is a cupcake and fashion blog putting interesting twists on traditional flavours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, both for the comment about the recipe and the photography. I'm always trying to improve both of those things.

      Delete