Wednesday, August 15, 2012

No Bake Chocolate Bites

I seriously considered calling these "Highly Snack-able and Absurdly Tasty Chocolate Balls".

After all, that is a near perfect description.


Unfortunately, it's also a bit long for a title, and not exactly as, well, sophisticated, as I would like.

Although, I have to admit, it's way better than what my whole family was calling them at first, which was "Deer Poop".  Luckily, that name flew right out the door after everyone's first bite.

Something so delicious can simply not be referred to as poop, deer or otherwise.


Though it took some time (and some tasting), my family did eventually realize that.

And I know that, no matter what interesting words may be going through your head now, after your try these delicious little snacks, you will too.

Either that or you'll want to eat only animal droppings for the rest of you life.  Your choice.


To find the original recipe go here.  The only changes I made were to lower the chocolate chip amount to about 1/2 cup, and just freeze the balls instead of baking them.  Enjoy!


I think that these No Bake Chocolate Bites are living (ok, so maybe not living) proof that you shouldn't judge something by it's looks.

Because, I'm telling you.  They.  Are.  Amazing.


Like, "This is the only dessert I'm ever eating" good.

And since these Chocolate Bites are easy, relatively healthy, and don't even require time in the oven, they very well could be the only dessert you'll ever eat again.


Or, you could be like me, and instead just eat them alongside other desserts.

Yeah, that's usually my strategy :)


Revisited Recipe of the Day:

Chocolate Cake Cookies




Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. This is also my recipe, with no credit given :(

    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/12/13/hot-chocolate-cookies-2/

    The only change you made was to use fewer chocolate chips. Please give credit where it's due; I work very hard on my recipes :( :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry. I really should have linked to you and the only reason I didn't was because I thought maybe I had changed the recipe enough that I didn't have to. I just realized, thanks to you, that I really didn't.

      As soon as I have a change I'll change it. But would it be ok if I kept the recipe posted on my blog? I did make some changes and I'm worried it may be confusing.

      Thanks so much and I really am so sorry that I keep making mistakes. I'm just a big fan of your blog and can't resist

      Delete
  2. Can't resist posting lots of recipes!

    ReplyDelete